Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Amanda's Pay It Forward

Part 1
What is Pay It Forward?
- Pay It Forward is something you do to help others or make them feel good without getting anything in return. A random act of kindness. When doing Pay It Forward you're doing it to make a difference in the world, to make an impact. It doesn't matter if you start off small or start off big. The purpose is to make someone or something feel good. During Pay It Forward you're not only making someone else feel good, you're making yourself feel good. By getting nothing in return but a smile, it makes you feel real good inside and i think that's what the purpose really is. To not only make someone else feel good but to make yourself feel good as well. If you make yourself feel good by doing one random act of kindness it gives you that motivational drive to keep doing more. Eventually, when everyone else realizes this, then maybe we can really change the world. 

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
- My Pay It Forward act of kindness was walking around my neighborhood going door to door with Ainsley putting letters and candy canes in people's mailboxes, it was one of the coldest days during our break, but with Ainsley I had so much fun. I also gave out letters and candy canes to the grade 7 girls after basketball practice. The letters were short and sweet with holiday greetings on them. I also got chocolates for Mr.Mark, our basketball coach. 
Why did you choose this activity?
-  I chose this activity not only because it was simple and easy but because I know it's always nice to get greeted on the holidays. I thought it would be nice and thoughtful to give the cards out too.
Who did you help?
- What Ainsley and I did didn't really help people, it was suppose to make those people feel happy. To make them feel joy and to know that there are some really thoughtful and kind people out there. You could say we helped those who were feeling down or not in the mood at the moment, or those that needed some holiday spirit! I guess we did it to put a smile on their face. 
What did you do?
- I wrote cards and bought candy canes and put them in mailboxes and handed them out to a couple of grade 7 girls.
When did you do your act of kindness? 
- We did our act of kindness on December 30th (one of the coldest days we could've picked) and January 3rd. 




Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?/ What happened?
- I think our act of kindness went pretty good, it was a whole lot of fun and I'm hoping that the people that received them enjoyed them too. It was easy but thoughtful, so overall I thought it went great. Except for the fact we were freezing, my eye lashes got frozen and so did Ainsley's hair. It was about -30 to -35, wasn't the best day to do it but we sucked it up and went out there. We gave out the cards and candy canes, we were out there for about half an hour, it's not that long but we sure got a lot done.
How did you feel?
- Doing our Pay It Forward made me feel really good, it made me feel happy and as you can see in our videos we had a great time doing it. Even though we had to do it for our project it really made me feel like I was doing it for me, like it was my decision. That's what really felt good, giving back.
How did that person or people react?
- I'm not totally sure how the people we gave the cards too reacted because we only put them in the mailboxes. I really hoped the liked them and enjoyed our little notes. When I was giving them out to the grade 7's they were so confused. They kept asking what was it for, I didn't tell them it was for our project, I said it was to make them feel happy and to smile. They were really excited and loud when I gave it to them, also when I told them to take a candy cane they all tried to put their hand into the bag all at once! They were really happy and I thought that was great!
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
- In the cards I did write Pay It Forward, I think that's an important part that we should've included while doing this. Just to tell them or let them know that they should do something nice to others.
How did they react to your request?
- I'm not sure how the people I gave it too reacted because we did only put the cards in mailboxes and all the grade 7 girls wanted to read theirs at home since they needed to leave right away.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay It Forward" important?
- I think that the idea of Pay It Forward is important because it makes yourself and others feel good. Some people don't know this but they're doing it all the time. For example when others open the door for other people that's a random act of kindness, small acts of kindness or big, it doesn't matter. Without random acts of kindness people wouldn't be as social or out there as others, by doing acts of kindness we're showing people that they don't have to be afraid of the world. The point is to make others happy and doing it without getting anything in return.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
- I don't know if my act of kindness made a difference yet. Hopefully it does soon, well even if it happens tomorrow or 2 years from now it would still be worth it to know you did something nice for that person. Even if it doesn't make a difference there's always a second chance to try again, actually when doing Pay It Forward we get unlimited chances to try and try again. There's no limit to kindness, some people don't realize that yet. Hopefully I can make an Impact on the world or to the community at least, that  people will remember. 

I hope you enjoyed my Pay It Forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wikipedia

Search results

Creative Commons License