Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nicklaus' Integers Post

(If you see any mistakes, please comment)

I will label the 3 columns A,B,C. A is the left column, B is the middle column and C is the right column. I also label the rows 1-11.  I will just put the column letter and the the row number in my questions.

Question (A,4)
(-5) + (-3) = (-8)    
(because I am in Mr. Harbeck's class, I need to put the "have" and "owe" on every question. So here I go)

Owe 5 and owe 3 = owe 8

( I also have to put it into integers chips [ i don't know what you call those chips] and or to a number ling)

 Nice there are no Zero pairs, I just added all of the negative chips


 Question (A,8)
9+(-6)=3
Have 9 and owe 6 = have 3

Since there are zero pairs, i simply circled all of the zero pairs and count how many positive or negative chips there is left which in this case, there are 3 positive chips left.


Question (B,6)

8-(-7)=15
have 8 remove owe 7 = have 15
 (sorry i cant do this one on paint because there is not that much space to do this on paints)
+ + + + + + + +            - - - - - - -
+++++++                      +++++++



Question (B,7)
(-6)-9=(-15)
owe 6 owe 9 =owe 15
Question (B,9)
2-(-5)=7
have 2 remove owe 5=7 ( i added because 2 negative makes a positive so - -7 =+7)


Question(C,1)
8-(-2)= 10
Have 8 remove owe 2 =10










                                     

























No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wikipedia

Search results

Creative Commons License